- Acne is diagnosied based on the appearance of the skin.
- Normally tests are not required.
- Doctor can make use of multiple grading scales system for diagnosing the severity of acne.
- MULTIPLE G RADING SYSTEMS ARE:Leeds acne grading technique – It involves counting and categorizing lesions into inflammatory and non-inflammatory (ranges from 0–10).
- Cook’s acne grading scale – Photographs are used to grade severity from 0-8, with 0 being the least severe and 8 being the most severe form of acne.
- Pillsbury scale – Involves classification of the severity of the acne from 1 (least severe) to 4 (most severe).
You may also like: