Acne : SYMPTOMS
Acne most commonly develops on the face, back, neck, chest, and shoulders.
The acne will be noticed with the presence of pimples i.e either black or white.
Blackheads and whiteheads together known as comedones.
- Blackheads open at the surface of the skin giving them a black appearance.
- Whiteheads are closed just under the surface of the skin, giving them a white appearance.
- Whiteheads and blackheads are the most common types of acne .
- Acne may also results in the formation of lesions.
- Inflammatory lesions results in the formation of scar on the skin.
It includes the following:
- Papules : They are characterized with small red, raised bumps which is caused by infected hair follicles.
- Pustules : They are small red pimples with pus at their tips.
- Nodules: They are solid ,painful lumps present beneath the surface of the skin.
- Cysts: These are infections found beneath the skin, contain pus and are painful.