Allergy : Symptoms
Allergy symptoms vary, but may include:
- Breathing problems
- Burning, tearing, or itchy eyes
- Conjunctivitis (red, swollen eyes)
- Itching of the nose, mouth, throat, skin, or any other area
- Runny nose
- Skin rashes
- Stomach cramps
The symptoms also depend on the part of the body that is affected by allergens. For example:
- Allergens that are inhaled in often cause: a stuffy nose, itchy nose and throat, mucus production, cough, or wheezing.
- Allergens that touch the eyes may cause itchy, watery, red, swollen eyes.
- Eating something that a person is allergic to, can cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhea, or a severe, life-threatening reaction.
- Allergens that touch the skin can cause a skin rash, hives, itching,blisters, or even skin peeling.
- Drug allergies usually involve the whole body and can lead to a variety of symptoms.