Though parenting styles and practices are a part of being an effective parent, the skills parents bring also have a major role to play and children will benefit when their parents:
- communicate honestly about events or discussions that have happened and explain clearly to children what happened;
- stay consistent because children need a structure; parents who have normal routines benefit children incredibly;
- utilize that resources available to them, reaching out into the community;
- taking more interest in their child’s educational needs and early development; and
- keeping open communication and staying educated on what their child is learning and doing and how it is effecting them.