There is a saying that one should eat to live and not live to eat. But, while eating, if you do not enjoy what you are eating, then the food you have taken does not make you healthy.
Here are some tips for enjoying your meal:
- Don’t rush through your meals.
- Chew your food properly, so your system finds it easier to digest.
- Have the company of family, friends or colleagues while taking your meals
- Have a lively conversation during meals.
- Turn mealtimes into family time at home. Try and ensure that everyone eats at least one meal in a day together. Don’t give your children meals in their room unless they have friends over.
- Remove the television from the dining room, or let it play music. Do not watch TV while eating; It will obstruct social conversation.
- Enjoying a meal is actually far healthier than eating when depressed or anxious.