First Aid For Back Pain
Back Pain is a short-term, acute pain in the back and indicates that body is under stress. It is caused by problems in bones and ligaments of spine and Muscles and nerves of the Back.
Back pain is usually triggered by
- Poor posture
- Inappropriate footwear
- Incorrect walking habits
- Strained muscles
- Prolonged sitting
- Sleeping on soft mattresses
- Kidney, bladder, or prostate disorders
First aid for back pain
- Rest in a comfortable position.
- Apply ice pack to affected area
- Painkillers or relaxants may be used
- Avoid strenuous exercise
- Avoid pillows
- Avoid sleeping on soft mattress
After first aid, the patient must be referred to a medical practitioner for diagnosis and treatment.