An individual’s face not only gives nonverbal signals about someone’s true well-being from unconscious facial expressions, but the state of their skin reveals a great deal about what’s going on inside, both physically and emotionally.
In fact, practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine have used facial analysis as a diagnostic tool for centuries, marrying specific facial areas and features with organs and emotional states.
It may be noted that facial diagnosis is not an absolute science, but it could certainly point you in the direction of a healthier lifestyle.
(1) Mid-Cheeks are linked to the respiratory system, so a slight rash could be an indication that your body is starved of oxygen and you need to work on deepening your breath.
The area is also a stomping ground for rosacea, so be sure to seek topical treatment if you have persistent redness that flares up easily. It’s quite possible that too many stimulants like coffee and alcohol could be causing all that flushing.
(2) The mouth correlates to the stomach. Where the actual lips relate to the stomach and intestine, the surrounding area at the sides that run down toward the jowls are linked to the colon. Any spots or discoloration dotted around your lips could, therefore, be a sign of poor bowel movements, bloating or a poor appetite.
(3) Bloody gums indicate an acidic stomach, while dry and flaky lips are a fairly obvious sign of dehydration. Cracks or sores, alternatively, suggest a spleen in need of care.
(4) The kidneys and bladder show up on the chin. Any kind of hormonal imbalance will usually show up here, as guys who were plagued by acne as a teen will know only too well.
(5) If, as an adult, you’ve got congestion around the chin, then there’s a good chance your kidneys are working overtime and you’ve put yourself under an unhealthy amount of stress.
(6) The comparatively large expanse of the forehead accounts for several organs, including the heart, the small intestine network and the bladder. If you’ve been partying hard, all that wear and tear will end up written on your forehead.
(7) Congestion signals poor detoxification, while a red and flaky complexion could indicate a digestive tract in need of a bit of lubrication. If you’ve got both, then your digestive system is crying out for help – a call you’ve probably felt elsewhere.
(8) The liver lies between the eyebrows. Unsurprisingly, too much alcohol or excessive consumption of other toxins are going to show up around here.